Program Officer (Department of Social and Cultural Affairs)
Recruitment Announcement (~2018.03.05)
The TCS is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
ú Program Officer (Department of Social and Cultural Affairs, G3) (Vacancy number: 2017-SOC-301)
ú Number of Position : 1
2. Job Description and Qualifications
(1) Job Description:
Under the supervision of the Director of Social and Cultural Affairs, the Program Officer (Department of Social and Cultural Affairs) will be responsible for some or all of the following tasks:
ú Provide support for existing consultative mechanisms among the three countries (i.e. Ministerial or other inter-governmental meetings). Specific tasks include assisting the arrangement of official meetings, drafting summary reports/minutes, implementing projects entrusted by government agencies, publishing promotional materials, etc.
ú Plan and organize cooperative projects in the relevant areas
ú Conduct research projects on key issues of trilateral cooperation in the relevant areas independently or in collaboration with other organizations; compile and disseminate research outcomes through publications or TCS website; and update annual data
ú Explore potential cooperative areas and promote the establishment of new trilateral mechanisms, including setting up contact channels with relevant government agencies/non-governmental organizations, representatives of the relevant community, and conducting preliminary research
ú Provide all technical support to the Board/Director(s) in any events/ conferences/ business trips/ media interviews by drafting speeches/remarks/talking points, surveying relevant data and drafting briefing papers/summary reports/or other documents.
ú Compile related materials (mainly latest development of trilateral cooperation in the relevant areas) into database and translate them; draft press release to be publicized on the TCS website, including their translation; drafting the relevant sections of TCS Annual Report as well as annual Progress Report of the Trilateral Cooperation and get approval from relevant government agencies of all three countries
ú Outreach to other international organizations, non-governmental organizations and research institutes for establishing cooperative partnership and securing information resource
ú Cross-Departmental tasks may be assigned as may become necessary for interdisciplinary or organization-wide projects
ú Citizen of Japan
ú Master’s level training in Humanities, International Relations, Regional Studies, Economics or other Social Sciences desired.
• Other fields can also be considered so long as you can convincingly explain how it can be helpful in working for the TCS.
ú Working experience in a relevant field will be preferred.
ú Proficiency in both written and oral English (official language of the TCS) is essential. Native-level proficiency is expected of your mother tongue (Japanese). Proficiency in Chinese and/or Korean languages are an asset, but not a requirement.
ú Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience
ú Ability to handle multiple tasksWorking knowledge of common computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point)
3. Employment Conditions
ú Starting Date: May 2018 (negotiable)
ú Duty Station: Seoul, Republic of Korea (location of TCS)
ú Working Hours: Full-time (5 days a week, 40 hours per week)
ú Contract Period: 1 year (incl. a three-month probation period)
• The contract may be renewed based on the results of performance evaluation. Regular employment may be offered upon the completion of two-year contract-based employment.
ú Initial Gross Salary: KRW 40,000,000/year (except a three-month probation period to be paid 75% of the gross annual salary)
• Bonus payment is made on an annual basis in addition to the base salary based upon the results of performance evaluation.
ú Benefits: Relocation support (one-way airfare, shipping cost, and temporary accommodation fee), Host Country Social Security (National Health Insurance and Industrial Accident Insurance), retirement pension, commuter allowance, monthly meal expense, overtime pay, medical examination support, etc.
ú Visa Information: A2 visa status during missions
4. Selection Process
ú 1st round: Document review
ú 2nd round: Writing test
ú 3rd round: InterviewApplicants who pass the earlier rounds will be individually notified in advance of the time, duration and means and/or place of the written test and interview.
5. Required Documents
(1) Employment Application Form (attached)
(2) Self-introduction letters both in English and the native language (no more than 2 pages for each)
(3) Degree certificates of higher education institutions (university and graduate level)
(4) Official copy transcripts from each college/university attended for more than 6 months
(5) A letter of recommendation
ú The recommendion provider can be a faculty member at the school where the applicant earned his/her most recent degree, and/or a supervisor at the current or most recent job.
ú A list of references may be accepted to replace a letter of recommendation, as long as the recommender can be timely in their responses to requests of the TCS for more information.
ú The letter and/or the list of references should include information such as the provider's name, organization and position, relationship to the applicant, phone number, email address, etc.
(6) English language test score certificates (i.e. TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, etc.)
(7) (Optional) Chinese and/or Korean language test score certificates
(8) (Optional) A writing sample in English (i.e. thesis or research papers) that shows your personal interests and research abilities (no more than 10 pages)
v English translation must be accompanied if the original copies of (3)-(4) are written in other than English.
6. How to Apply
ú Application should be submitted by email to email@example.com
ú Application Deadline: March 5, 2018
• The subject of the email must state as “TCS Application_LAST NAME_First Name_2017-SOC-301.”
• Applications which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the required documents is deemed to be false.
7. InquiriesIf you have any other inquiries, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download: Employment Application Form