The TCS is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
(1) General Service Staff (Political Affairs Officer, G3) (Vacancy number: 2015-POL-101)
(2) Number of Position: 1
2. JOB DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS
(1) Job Description:
Under the supervision of the Director of Political Affairs, the Political Affairs Officer will be responsible for some or all of the following tasks:
• Provide support for existing consultative mechanisms among the three countries (i.e., ministerial, senior-officials, deputy-director-general level and other intergovernmental meetings). Specific tasks include assisting the arrangement of official meetings, drafting summary reports/ minutes, implementing projects entrusted by government agencies, etc.
• Organize workshops and seminars in areas/issues covered by the Department of Political Affairs (disaster management, track 2 dialogues on various issue areas etc.)
• Outreach to other international organizations, non-governmental organizations and research institutes for establishing and developing cooperative partnerships
• Explore and promote potential areas of new trilateral cooperative projects. Specific tasks may include setting up contact channels with relevant government agencies/non-governmental organizations and coordination to facilitate the establishment of new cooperative projects, etc.
• Explore research projects in areas/issues covered by the Department of Political Affairs (independently or in collaboration with other institutions)
• Draft speeches/remarks/talking points to be used by the Board Members in events/conferences/business trips, provide all necessary technical support to the Board / Professional Staff by surveying data and arranging business trips, etc.
• Draft documents including summary reports of TCS-hosted events; draft press releases to be publicized on the TCS website, including their translation; Compile related materials into database and translate them; coordinate the preparation and drafting of annual progress reports on TCS activity and trilateral cooperation;
• Cross-Departmental tasks may be assigned as may become necessary for interdisciplinary or TCS-wide projects
• Citizen of China
• Master’s level training in Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Regional Studies or other Social Sciences desired. (Other fields can also be considered. Unique specialized backgrounds are welcome, so long as you can convincingly explain how it can be helpful in working for the TCS.)
• Two or more years of working experience in a relevant field will be preferred.
• Proficiency in both written and oral English (working language of the TCS) is essential. Native-level proficiency is expected of your nationality mother tongue.
• Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Working knowledge of common computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
3. EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS
(1) Starting date: September 2016 (negotiable)
(2) Regular employment will be offered upon the completion
of two (2) term of contract-based employment followed by a performance evaluation
by the TCS. Initial contract will be one-year term as maximum, including a
three-month probationary period.
(3) Working hours: 5 days a week, 40 hours per week
(4) Annual salary rate to be applied: KRW 40,000,000/year (except the probation period)
(5) Staff benefits: Social Security (National Pension, National Health Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, and Industrial Accident Insurance), retirement pension, commuter allowance, overtime pay, etc.
4. SELECTION PROCESS
(1) 1st round: Document review
(2) 2nd round: Written test for the applicants who pass the 1st round
(3) 3rd round: Interview for the applicants who pass the 2nd round
- Applicants who pass the earlier rounds will be individually notified with the date and methods of the written test and interview.
5. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
(1) Employment Application Form (attached)
(2) A self-introduction letter both in English and Chinese (no more than two pages for each)
(3) Certificate of the highest level of education
(4) Official English standardized test scores (e.g. TOEIC, TOEFL, TEPS, etc.)
(5) (Optional) Japanese or Korean standardized test scores
(6) (Optional) written materials in English (e.g. thesis or research papers) that show your past experience and research ability
6. HOW TO APPLY
(1) Application should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) Application Period: 2016.08.11 ~ 2016.08.24
- The subject of the email must state, “TCS application_name_2015-POL-101”
- Applications which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the application form is deemed to be false.
If you have any other inquiries, please email to: email@example.com.
Attachments : Employment Application Form Aug (2015-POL-101)