Mechanisms 12th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting 2021.08.30
On August 30, 2021, Secretary-General MICHIGAMI Hisashi of the Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) attended the 12th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting (TCMM) as an observer. Mr. HAGIUDA Koichi, Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan presided over the virtual meeting, with Mr. HU Heping, Minister of Culture and Tourism of China and Mr. HWANG Hee, Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the ROK in attendance.
During the meeting, the three ministers discussed the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and exchanged ideas on how to further enhance trilateral cultural cooperation, recognizing the growing presence of leading technology in art and culture. They agreed to promote cultural exchange in the following five respects: 1) Local city exchange, such as the Cultural Cities of East Asia (CCEA), 2) Practical cooperation between cultural and art institutions, 3) Promoting continuous development of the cultural and tourism industries, 4) Strengthening coordination for protecting cultural heritage, 5) Seizing the opportunity of the Olympic/Paralympic games to implement joint cultural and art programs. These principals were reflected in the ‘Kitakyushu Declaration’, which the three ministers adopted with applause.
Following the meeting, the signing ceremony of the agreement was held in conjunction with the announcement ceremony of the 2022 CCEA. The three ministers announced the designation of Wenzhou and Jinan (China), Oita (Japan) and Gyeongju (ROK) as next year’s CCEA.
▲SG Michigami attending the meeting as an observer
- Joint Statement of the 14th Trilateral Cultural Content Industry Forum
- 12th Trilateral Cultural Ministers' Meeting Kitakyushu Declaration_JP
- Joint Statement of the 13th Trilateral Cultural Content Industry Forum
- Incheon Declaration of the 11th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_KR
- Harbin Declaration of the 10th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_KR
- Kyoto Declaration of the 9th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_JP_CN_KR
- Jeju Declaration of the 8th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_KR_JP_CN
- Joint Action Plan Qingdao Action Plan of the 7th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting 2015-2017_KR_CN