The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) held its second public lecture series “Three Strands of Asia” on March 13, 2014. The lecture was delivered by Mr. Kim Kyung Eun, the famous author of the book “Dining Culture of Korea, China and Japan” about “Cultural Genes of Korea, China and Japan Reflected in Clothing, Foods and Shelter.”
Sixty participants of the second lecture came from diverse fields including universities, government agencies, private companies and organizations, thanks to the success of the first event in February. The lecture by Mr. Kim Kyung Eun, the editor of the Kyunghayng Shinmun who has long written an in-depth news articles on cultures among China, Japan and Korea, particularly focused on the differences of traditional housings of the three countries, and how such differences are reflected in clothing and foods. The lecture lasted for two hours with a brisk discussion among the participants.
The TCS will continue holding “Three Strands of Asia” every month with renowned professionals from different fields including tradition, social life and popular culture. Those who are interested in this lecture series can check the notice of the upcoming lectures, and videos of the previous lecture from TCS official web.
- Joint Statement of the 15th Trilateral Cultural Content Industry Forum
- Joint Statement of the 14th Trilateral Cultural Content Industry Forum
- 12th Trilateral Cultural Ministers' Meeting Kitakyushu Declaration_JP
- Joint Statement of the 13th Trilateral Cultural Content Industry Forum
- Incheon Declaration of the 11th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_KR
- Harbin Declaration of the 10th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_KR
- Kyoto Declaration of the 9th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_JP_CN_KR
- Jeju Declaration of the 8th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_KR_JP_CN