The TCS is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
(1) General Service Staff (Economic Affairs Officer, G3) (Vacancy number: 2016-ECO-202)
(2) Number of Position : 2
2. Job description and qualifications
(1) Job Description:
Under the supervision of the Director of Economic Affairs, the Economic Affairs Officer will be responsible for some or all of the following tasks:
● Provide support for existing consultative mechanisms among the three countries (i.e., Ministerial or other inter-governmental meetings). Specific tasks include assisting the arrangement of official meetings, drafting summary reports/minutes, implementing projects entrusted by government agencies, publishing promotional materials, etc.
● Plan and organize workshops and seminars in the areas of economic affairs and sustainable development (e.g., CJK FTA Seminar, Trilateral Business Networking Event), independently or in collaboration with other organizations
● Conduct research projects on key issues of trilateral cooperation in the areas of economy and sustainable development independently or in collaboration with other organizations; compile and disseminate research outcomes through publications or TCS website; update annual data of the Trilateral Statistics Booklet
● Explore potential cooperative areas and promote the establishment of new trilateral mechanisms, including setting up contact channels with relevant government agencies/ non-governmental organizations, representatives of the business community, and conducting preliminary research
● Provide all technical support to the Board/ Professional Staff in any events/ conferences/ business trips/ media interviews by drafting speeches/ remarks/ talking points, surveying relevant data and drafting briefing papers, drafting documents including summary reports of TCS-hosted events, arranging business trips, etc.
● Compile related materials (mainly latest development of trilateral cooperation in the areas of economic affairs) into database and translate them; draft press release to be publicized on the TCS website, including their translation; write the economy-related sections of TCS Annual Report as well as annual Progress Report of the Trilateral Cooperation and get approval from relevant government agencies of all three countries
● Outreach to other international organizations, non-governmental organizations and research institutes for establishing cooperative partnership and securing information resource
● Cross-Departmental tasks may be assigned as may become necessary for interdisciplinary or TCS-wide projects
● Citizen of Japan
● Master’s level training in Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Regional Studies or other Social Sciences desired. (Other fields can also be considered. Unique specialized backgrounds are welcome, so long as you can convincingly explain how it can be helpful in working for the TCS.)
● Working experience in a relevant field will be preferred.
● Proficiency in both written and oral English (working language of the TCS) is essential. Native-level proficiency is expected of your mother tongue.
● Familiarity with the working culture and habits of Japan and be capable of establishing and maintaining confidence-based working relationships with governmental, business and other counterparts in Japan
● Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience
● Ability to handle multiple tasks
● Working knowledge of common computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point)
3. Employment Conditions
(1) Starting date: December, 2016 (negotiable)
(2) Duty station: Seoul, Republic of Korea (location of TCS)
(3) Working hours: Full-time employment (five days a week, 40 hours per week)
(4) Initial annual salary rate to be applied: KRW 40,000,000/year (except probation period)
(5) Staff benefits: Host Country Social Security (National Pension (except if under A2 visa status), National Health Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, and Industrial Accident Insurance), retirement pension, commuter allowance, overtime pay, etc.
4. Selection Process
(1) 1st round: Document review
(2) 2nd round: Writing test via e-mail
(3) 3rd round: Interview
- Applicants who pass the earlier rounds will be individually notified with the date and method of the writing test and the interview.
5. Required Documents
(1) Employment Application Form (attached)
(2) Self-introduction letters in both English and Japanese (the letters should be no more than two pages each)
(3) Certificate of the highest level of education
(4) Official English standardized test scores (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, etc.)
(5) (Optional) Japanese, Chinese, or Korean standardized test scores
(6) (Optional) written materials in English (such as thesis or research papers) that show your past experience and research ability
6. How to Apply
(1) Application should be submitted by email to email@example.com
(2) Application Deadline: 2016.11.28
- The subject of the email must state, “TCS application_name_2016-ECO-202”
- Applications which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the application form is deemed to be false.
If you have any other inquiries, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org