On July 16, 2020, Deputy Secretary-General Amb. KANG Do-ho attended the Unveiling Ceremony of Model Confucius Institute of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, and delivered congratulatory remarks. The ceremony was held to commemorate the establishment of the first Model Confucius Institute in the ROK. Ambassador of China to the ROK, Amb. XING Haiming, and the President of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Prof. KIM In Chul, presided the ceremony.
DSG KANG expressed congratulations and gratitude to the Institute on its continued efforts in enhancing friendship and cultural exchanges between China and the ROK. He introduced that trilateral cooperation among China, Japan, and the ROK has been promoting bilateral relations and the virtuous cycle of relationship development among the three countries. He emphasized that in the long history of being neighbors, China, Japan and the ROK have been sharing ‘East Asian values’ in many areas, including Chinese characters, social ethics, humanism, culture, as well as the teaching of Confucius. He expected the Confucius Institute to add to the "communication of mind" among the peoples of the three countries.
The ceremony was conducted in accordance with KCDC Guidelines for a public gathering related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The TCS also donated the Trilateral Common Vocabulary Dictionary (TCVD) to the Institute.
- Incheon Declaration of the 11th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_KR
- Harbin Declaration of the 10th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_KR
- Kyoto Declaration of the 9th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_JP_CN_KR
- Jeju Declaration of the 8th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_KR_JP_CN
- Joint Action Plan Qingdao Action Plan of the 7th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting 2015-2017_KR_CN
- Joint Statement Yokohama Joint Statement of the 6th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_JP_CN_KR
- Gwangju Communiqué of the 5th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_EN
- Nara Declaration of the 3rd Trilateral Culture Minsters Meeting_EN