- Open Webinar “Managing COVID-19 Pandemic – Experiences & Best Practices of China, Japan and the Republic of Korea”
- July 02, 2020 | 15:00 to 16:30
Date/Time: July 2, 2020 (Thur.) 15:00-16:30 (GMT+9)
Presentation language: English
Participation Fee: Free
Dr. WU Zunyou, Chief epidemiologist, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Dr. OSHITANI Hitoshi, Professor, Tohoku University, Member of Japanese government advisory panel on COVID-19
Dr. LEE Hyukmin, Professor, Yonsei University, Member of Infectious Disease Control Committee of Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
● Special Guest
Dr. KASAI Takeshi, Regional Director of World Health Organization, Regional Office for Western Pacific (WHO-WPRO)
● Mr. MICHIGAMI Hisashi, Secretary-General of Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS)
● Dr. BAASANJAV Ganbold, Head of UNESCAP East and North-East Asia Office
The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) East and Northeast Asia Office will co-host an Open Webinar “Managing COVID-19 Pandemic – Experiences & Best Practices of China, Japan and the Republic of Korea”.
Although the measures being taken are different, the number of confirmed cases and death toll in the three countries are relatively low, compared to the numbers in the western countries. Under such circumstances, China, Japan, and the Republic of Korea have received voices from countries around the world, seeking to know the measures taken to counter the virus and to learn from the experiences of the three countries. Through this Webinar, we hope that the experiences and best practices of the three countries will be shared with the Asia Pacific and beyond, and to contribute to the future preparation.
- Dr. LEE Hyukmin
- Professor, Yonsei University, Member of Infectious Disease Control Committee of Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention